Thursday, July 3, 2008

Thing 1

I hope to learn about blogging and using various technologies such as video, pictures, podcasts and anything else that will be offered. I've never had this opportunity before and I know I will use use everything.
I am glad to know that lifelong learning encompases so many different activities...not just formal channels such as attending classes. Opportunities to learn exist at all ages and in all contexts.
As I read the 7 1/2 Habits, I liked the remark in Habit 1 giving permission to modify learning as one goes along. Viewing problems as challenges, not set backs, will help me focus as I go along. I liked the reference to the toolbox of books, classes, friends, technology, etc. as tools for learning. The reminder that teaching and mentoring others reinforces our own learning was appreciated. And thanks for permission to play. We always need to rememnber to play each day.
Regarding the contract, the easies part will be to set goals. The hardest part wil be getting rid of interruptions and obstacles as I try to work.

No comments: