Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Thing 17

Although I can see the benefits of Rollyo, I am a little frustrated with it. I added my on Searchroll and listed several links to it. But the links are supposed to be short. When I find a page I like and right click on the link, it is frequently very long. So, I shortened it when I could and did not add the others. When I searched other Searchrolls, I found very little that relates to what I teach. When I did find something, I could not click on the links to get to the site. I had to copy and paste in to a new Google page to get there. When I tried to get back to Rollyo from there, I could not. I tried twice to import my bookmarks and I have no idea where they landed. I have no doubt that this is from user error. Perhaps Bruce will help me when school starts.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I didn't quite grasp the concept of Rollyo my first time around either. I gather it's much easier if you already know the links you want to insert, rather than searching other Rollyos. Some folks are using it to set up specified web links for their students to search.